1 package dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp.)
2 c. lukewarm milk
4 eggs, separated
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter
1. Sprinkle yeast over warm milk; stir to dissolve.
2. Beat egg yolks and add to yeast mixture with vanilla.
3. Add in flour, sugar and salt.
4. Stir in melted butter and combine thoroughly.
5. Beat egg whites until stiff, carefully fold into batter. Let stand in warm place for about 45 minutes. Use 1/2 c. mix per waffle.
Makes about 11 waffles.
|perfectly golden brown!|
Zak had this idea to mix in a few pieces of crumbled bacon into the batter. We put in about 2 1/2 pieces of bacon, and it seemed to be the perfect amount. It's mostly waffle, with hidden bacon explosions, delicious! With syrup they are pretty perfect. Zak also wanted to have two over-easy eggs on his, and have the yolk be like the syrup for the waffle. I had a bite, it was pretty good. We have so much leftover batter that we're just going to freeze the rest of the batter, and have them again with some scrambled eggs with cheese.
|Zak's first plate|
|close-up, maybe that's a bacon piece?|