1 c. milk
3/4 c. + 2 Tbl. sugar
pinch of salt
1 c. half & half
1/2 Tbl. vanilla
2 c. heavy whipping cream
2 c. pureed peaches (2 fresh peaches)
about 4 Tbl. seedless raspberry jam (didn't have any homemade stuff, but Smucker's worked just fine)
1. Scald milk on stove until bubbles form around the edges, remove from heat.
2. Pour into a heat-proof large bowl and stir in sugar and salt until it's all dissolved.
3. Add in half & half, vanilla and heavy cream.
4. Cover tightly, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. For the pureed peaches, Zak blended them with about a Tbl. of plain yogurt to smooth the texture out. And then he heated up the jam in the microwave so we could pour it easily.
6. Add peaches to refrigerated mixture and freeze according to ice cream maker's directions.
7. We added the jam after about 20 minutes of mixing it, just on top and let it run for a few minutes.
8. Freeze for at least 2 - 3 hours before tasting, it will be tempting though!
|it was a bit soft when we ate it, but it was so good (also check out the cute bowls Zak's parents got us, we love them)|