3 Tbl. canola/vegetable oil
2 thick bone-in pork chops (about 2 lbs.), I used boneless
1/2 c. panko crumbs
2 Tbl. grated Parmesan cheese
1 heaping Tbl. minced Italian parsley
1/4 c. flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season pork chops with salt & pepper and set aside.
2. Mix together panko crumbs, Parmesan, parsley and 1/2 tsp. salt.
3. Place flour in one shallow bowl, the eggs in another bowl, and panko mixture in last shallow bowl.
4. Heat 3 Tbl. of oil over medium-high heat. Dredge pork chops first in flour, than the eggs, and lastly the panko mixture, making sure to coat meat evenly.
5. Add pork chops to pan and cook until golden brown & crispy on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
6. Remove pork chops from pan and place in a baking sheet. Cook in the oven, uncovered, for about 15 - 25 minutes. Allow them to rest at least 5 - 10 minutes before servings.
|after cooking on both sides, before oven|
|love the crispy golden brown color|
|if only pictures could capture how juicy this was!|