I didn't grow up having homemade mac & cheese that often, but I decided enough was enough and that I would try making it! I found this basic recipe that turned out pretty good.
3 c. macaroni, cooked
1 1/2 c. milk
2 1/2 c. cheese
1/3 c. butter
1/2 tsp. onion salt (or garlic salt)
1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
breadcrumbs (I have and use Italian style)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cook macaroni noodles.
3. Heat milk, cheese and butter together until it resembles a sauce.
4. Add noodles and cheese sauce to the dish being used to cook it in (I use a 2 qt. round casserole dish with lid).
5. Add spices, continue to mix.
6. Add breadcrumbs and extra cheese, if desired, to top.
7. Cook for 30 minutes.