6 Tbl. unsalted butter
4 oz. bittersweet chocolate (or semisweet; I used a combo of semisweet and milk)
2/3 c. sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. flour
1 Tbl. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. chocolate chips (I used a mix of milk, semisweet and white chocolate, just to see)
pinch of salt
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 large egg yolk
5 Tbl. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Line an 8" or 9" pan with foil (trust me, you'll regret it if you don't..), lightly mist with non-stick spray.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat, pour into heatproof bowl.
4. Add 2/3 c. sugar, and then eggs.
5. Mix in flour, cocoa powder, salt, then vanilla and chocolate chips. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
6. In a separate bowl, beat together cream cheese, yolk, 5 Tbl. sugar and vanilla until smooth.
7. Distribute cream cheese mixture across top of brownie mixture, then swirl together with dull knife.
8. Bake for 35 minutes.