Here is the normal pie filling recipe, it's supposed to be enough for a 9" pie. (For future reference, one recipe's worth of dough makes enough for 5 mini pies)
1 c water
1 c sugar
1/4 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp almond extract
red food coloring
5 c pitted pie cherries
2 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp salt
2/3 c shortening
8 - 10 T cold water
1. Dissolve sugar and cornstarch in water in large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir until thickened, clear and bubbly. Cook for 2 minutes, constantly stirring. Remove from heat.
3. Add extract and food coloring. Slowly stir in cherries, let cool to room temperate.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt. Cut in shortening with pastry blender, until pea-size.
6. Add 1 T of water to mix, toss with fork. Continue adding in water 1 T at a time and tossing until dough is the right consistency to mold and roll on counter.
7. Roll dough into a ball, then use rolling pin to flatten out into shape(s) needed.
8. Place bottom of dough into pan(s), add a few spoonfuls of the cooled filling.
9. Top with second dough, cut slits or air vents in top layer. Pinch two layers of dough together. If desired, sprinkle sugar over the top before placing in oven.
10. Bake 45 minutes until golden brown and filling is bubbling. Let cool on wire rack.