Friday, September 10, 2010

Individual Cream Cheese Danishes

I came across these on food.com and decided to make them for a LOTR marathon with my friend. They are sooo easy to make and quite yummy, they got gobbled up! Zak requested some fruit flavor next time, so I think I might blend in raspberries or strawberries into the filling next time. I cut up little pieces of strawberries to put on top, which worked well. And I think I will altogether skip the frosting next time, it didn't really enhance the flavor. These are great for parties!

2 (10 oz.) cans crescent roll dough
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice (I did 1/2 tsp., which I think tasted better)
3/4 tsp. vanilla (I did 1 tsp.)
1 tsp. sour cream

optional icing
1 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbl. milk
1 Tbl. butter, softened

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice (unrolled) dough into 1/4 inch slices (like making slice-and-bake cookies)
3. Place slices of dough on cookie sheet and make slight indentation in the middle.
4. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and sour cream.
5. Add a Tbl. of filling to each roll.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. Optional icing: stir together powdered sugar, milk and butter. After danish has cooled, drizzle with icing.

No comments: